I think I have discovered a difference between jboss and weblogic
concerning transactions and this is (currently) a bit troublesome for
us.  Given the following metacode:

Start transaction
   a = findBeanInstance(p);
   a.getValue();
   Start transaction
       a.setValue(newValue);
   End transaction
End transaction

This is problem free in weblogic, but jboss errs with deadlock
detection.  Face value, I think JBoss is "correct" because the
container does not know whether you are going to update the value
after the nested transaction.

But can anyone comment on this?  E.g. is it possible to tune this
behaviour in JBoss?

(In the long term we have to rewrite our code so that we avoid such
constructions all together.)

--
 Jon Haugsand, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://www.norges-bank.no