I have an app running in JBoss 3.0.7RC1 that utilises a CORBA connection
to a server from where it reads a bunch of info to create an entity
bean. After building a couple of beans and letting it set idle for
a few minutes, the system creates about 600 threads with the following
stack trace.

These seem to be something to do with the sun JDK ORB, but I am using
(and I know for certain that I am since bug 4775833 prevents me from using
the JDK ORB). My app is running fine until this happens.

Has anybody seen this sort of behaviour before?

"JavaIDL Listener" daemon prio=1 tid=0x0x8d31728 nid=0x6dec runnable
[4f992000..4f992830]
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:353)
        - locked <0x4561f020> (a java.net.PlainSocketImpl)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:439)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:410)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ListenerThread.run(ListenerThread.java:58)

brian wallis...