On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:52:38AM -0800, Scott M Stark wrote:
> It look like a problem with hibernate using Class.forName rather than
> the Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader(). Class.forName
> forces the class in question to be visible vis that class loader of the
> calling class or one of its parents. This is too restrictive for a framework
> in an arbitrary server environment. If you replace the Class.forName
> call with the thread context class loader and it still does not work then
> come back.
>
> 2003-04-01 22:33:41,439 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor]
> Unexpected Error:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/bcel/generic/DCONST
> at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.class$(CodeGenerator.java:63)
> at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.<init>(CodeGenerator.java:105)
> at net.sf.cglib.KeyFactoryGenerator.<init>(KeyFactoryGenerator.java:93)
> at net.sf.cglib.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:114)

I figured it was a classloader related problem. Thanks for the advice.

I'll take the issue back to cglib (where it belong).

In the meantime - what use does bcel.jar serve in jboss, and is it safe
to remove it from the server's classpath (or replace it with cglib from
hibernate) in a J2EE server setup??

Best Regards //Anders

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Scott Stark