No offense meant, but this group is for technical questions about JBoss right? I would hope the Core Developers Network folks from JBG will still post here and answer questions, but aside from that, I have a ton of lists to read and a job to do and if I want gossip and intrigue, I'll stay home and watch a soap opera.

Dave

"Rahul Ganjoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/05/2003 03:55 AM
Please respond to jboss-user

        To:        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        [JBoss-user] Core Developers Network Announces Public Launch  - whats happening?

i cant see it being positive for Jboss in the short term...at the same
time would someone
shed some more light on whats happening please? mark?

-----Original Message-----
From: Corby Page [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 11:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Re: Core Developers Network Announces Public
Launch

The current documentation (the docs we pay for by subscription) are
owned by JBoss Group, yes? You plan to offer a competing set of
documentation generated from scratch? What exactly am I getting if I
start paying Core Developers Network $15 a month today?

The positive way of looking at this is that there are more options and
competition in the services area.

The negative view of this is that I have worked very hard to convince my
corporate client that there they can get stable support for the JBoss
server, and it only took a few months for JBoss Group to fracture and
disentegrate. We are currently left with two smaller, and presumable
even less stable, entities to choose from in finding enterprise support.

Corby