>How can I configure such a behaviour?
>Is there a right way to do this within JMS?

No, JMS specification does not include something like timed message processing. Therefore every solution to you problem is application server specificin a way.

You have two basisc alternatives for JBOSS:

1) use the newly introduced scheduled message delivery feature that will be available in JBoss 3.2.2. At the moment, the scheduled delivery has to be initiated by the message sender, so this solution is not really well suited for you problem.

2) use the JBoss specific scheduler service for timed invocation of a user defined class that handles message processing. In your case you could setup an invocation e.g. every 1 minute or so and check current time against you processing time slot. If the invocation i within you time slot that create a normal jms destination receiver within your user class and process all so far queued messages.. not very

>I thought about the JBoss TimerService to start and stop the delivering of
>messages to achieve time slot behaviour. I can't find any method in the
>Queue/Topic Management Interface.

There are no methods in the queue/topic interface for that purpose (e.g. start/stop delivery) so far. JMS specification does not define such a behaviour.

Regards
Ulf

Kristian Köhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]