Hi,

I'm trying to find out if I can have a CMP EJB with a cmp-field
accessors and cmr-field accessors mapping to the same database
column/foreign key.

I'm using jboss-3.2.1 with cmp2 (and xdoclet-1.2b)

In my case, the actual foreign key is enough for some circumstances, and
I don't want to trigger off another database read just to get the
foreign key that's already in the table and that the cmp engine should
already know about.

Having traced through the sql being generated, if I include accessors on
the column as cmp-fields and a cmr-relation on the same field, the CMP
engine appears to be including the column twice in the generated sql.
I'm also worried about the effect this will have on updates/inserts.

Is there any way to properly do this in jboss-3.2.1?

I've searched through the archives, and noticed a couple of people
asking this same question.  The answer at the time was "not yet
supported, but soon", but that was way back in December 2002.

Thanks,
Russ