Hi, I'm trying to use a finder method which I defined with EJB-QL:

The signature is as follows:

public java.util.Collection findByEmailPassword(java.lang.String email,
java.lang.String password)
    throws javax.ejb.FinderException;

in the ejb-jar.xml file I have the following:

<query>
<description><![CDATA[Returns all the people with the specified
email]]></description>
<query-method>
<method-name>findByEmailPassword</method-name>
<method-params>
<method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
<method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
</method-params>
</query-method>
<ejb-ql><![CDATA[SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT(o) FROM People o WHERE o.email = ?1
AND o.password = ?2]]></ejb-ql>
</query>

and in the server.log file I have the following (does it mean that the query
has been executed succesfully?):

2003-06-26 00:09:34,703 DEBUG
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCEJBQLQuery.People.findByEmailPassword]
Executing SQL: SELECT DISTINCT t0_o.peopleId FROM People t0_o WHERE
t0_o.email = ? AND t0_o.password = ?

The finder method is on a local entity bean and I'm executing it from a
Session bean; I know the parameter's values are correct, but I still receive
no records, even if the record is on the table.

Here follows the client's signature:

private PeopleLocal getUser(String entityName,
String email,
String password){
PeopleLocal local = null;
try {
log.info("email: " + email + " password: " + password);
local = (PeopleLocal) getHome(entityName).findByEmailPassword(email,
password);
} catch (FinderException e) {
log.equals("Exception while getting user: " + e.getMessage());
}
finally{
return local;
}