I've been trying to use LdapLoginModule with Active Directory in the same way as below. Did you ever get it to work? I tried using a wildcard in the 'rolesCtxDN' field as another poster suggested (e.g., OU=*,DC=mycompany,DC=com) but Active Directory won't accept it.

I started looking through the LdapLoginModule code, and I see where it tries to search the rolesCtxDN for the userDN or username (based on the 'matchOnUserDN' flag) but I'm not sure why it won't accept the wildcard.

J. Diogo O. Ramos wrote:
We're using the LdapLoginModule to authenticate and do authorization
against and Active Directory container.

But we're having two problems...

---------------------------------
The first and more important one is:

Our users are separated in different "directories" according to the
functional area were they work on the organization. For instance:
\IT
\Commercial
\Users (generic ones)
\Financial

But while using the LdapLoginModule we can only search against one
directory. We believe that one of two things can happen... Either search
recursively against all the directories or be able to specify a set of
directories (in the configuration) were the search is done.

(snip)

Thanks in advance.

J. Diogo O. Ramos mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________ Critical Software, SA http://www.criticalsoftware.com