Our default login mechanism is not through the JNDI InitialContext. If
you want to do that you need to use the
org.jboss.security.jndi.LoginInitialContextFactory:

      Properties env = new Properties();
      // Try with a login that should succeed
      env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jboss.security.jndi.LoginInitialContextFactory");
      env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099/");
      env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "theduke");
      env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "jduke");
      env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PROTOCOL, "myLoginConfig");

where myLoginConfig is a JAAS login configuration that has at least the
JBoss ClientLogin module.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark