Correct me if I am wrong, but the connection retrieved from JBoss's managed connection
pool always has autocommit to set to false even if it reports true. If there is a
configuration setting for the datasource that I am missing, I have not been able to
find it. I am using a local transaction datasource configuration (no XA semantics).

I'd check your initial assumption that the connection is not set to
autocommit. I think you'll find it is still in autocommit. To test, you
can set it to false before you use it.

JonB

This e-mail contains privileged attorney-client communications and/or confidential
information, and is only for the use by the intended recipient. Receipt by an
unintended recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege.

Reading, disclosure, discussion, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient or his or her employees or
agents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify us and delete the original material from your computer.

Sempra Energy Trading Corp. (SET) is not the same company as SDG&E or SoCalGas, the
utilities owned by SET's parent company.  SET is not regulated by the California
Public Utilities Commission and you do not have to buy SET's products and services to
continue to receive quality regulated service from the utilities.