Edgar, I haven't used Common-DBCP, but I just downloaded it and quickly read some documentation. I don't want to get into a protracted discussion here, but there are many reasons why a Tomcat-based implementation might not exhibit exhausted connections when JBoss does. For example, JBoss works in a persistent environment. That is, JBoss run continuously, and your client makes intermittent use of the services it provides. Between those uses, things like database pools continue to exist. Things you do in Tomcat, on the other hand, typically have shorter lifetimes. Much of the time, variables exist only for the duration of a request, so once a request is finished, everything gets cleaned up (assuming things are working properly.) There are other options, of course; you can choose to give things session or application lifetimes. One of the difficulties in database pooling in a JSP environment is that there is no place to put a shared pool.

At any rate, I provided one suggestion in my last message which may allow you to determine in a JBoss environment if you are indeed leaking connections.

Edgar Silva wrote:
Hi Roullier, this behavior of the JBoss's DataSource is very strange,
because I solved this trouble changing the Datasource from JBoss to TomCat.
I Know that TomCat uses Jakarta Commons DBCP, and with this Container I
solved all my troubles, when JBoss arrives in a number of connection greater
than 200 ,Then JBoss Crashes. This number was defined in XML Configuration.
The right behavior from a DataSouce that I Believe is: Make the Connections
and after client uses it, this object will be consumed by other client.
When I made the deploy of the same application, changing only lookup
statement to TomCat Requirements, The Application is working fine  now, And
in each test I had only of 2 to 6 Connections established. Then I am in
doubts about JBoss's Datasources to provide Connection Pool.
But, I know that can be my technical problem, however I had been using
several other J2EE Containers like  Borland, BEA and IBM , And I do not
remember of  fails like this.
I will buy the JBoss Documentation, then who knows I will can understand it
better.
Because is like a friend talks: "The software is free, however the work is
not slave".
And I hope solve many problems after read some Chapters in JBoss's
Documentation.
I like too much JBoss, in addition to this I am trying to migrate many
projects to JBoss. Because  is free, and I Believe in the Project.

If you know some article or resource talking about Connection Pooling of
Datasouces in JBoss would be cool.

I am using JBoss 3.2, Oracle 9.i, in a RedHat 7.2 .

Thanks by help friend ...

Edgar