I agree, but that would be specific to the xmbean implementation.
usually a managed resource is not aware of the surrounding model mbean.

That might be done with a specific interface in jboss mx, like

interface XMBeanAware
{
void setXMBean(XMBean xmbean);
}

julien

EJ> Is there any way to get a reference from within a managed object to the
EJ> surounding XMBean? The managed object is an MBean and may in rare cases
EJ> need to modify the MBeanInfo provided by the XMBean on its behalf.

EJ> --
EJ> Eric Jain

Best regards,
 julien                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]