This is database specifix. YOu can find examples for datasource deployments
for a number of databases in the docs/examples/jca folder.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Juli 2003 17:36
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [JBoss-user] configure JBoss for Postgres

Hi,

I have deployed the simple BMP entity bean from "Mastering EJB" on JBoss
3.2.1, and it deploys fine.  However, the bean managed persistence code
requires Connections from a javax.sql.DataSource, and although I have
configured the DataSource in my ejb-jar.xml (see below) so that I can
access it through JNDI, I am unsure of where to instruct JBoss of the
JDBC connection information.  Specifically, the JDBC URL:PORT/database
name, the username to connect as, and the password.

I have the 3.2.x docs if someone can point me in the right direction so
I can see where this is set up.  I have pored over chapter 3, JNDI, and
although it describes ejb-jar.xml DataSource configuration, I can't find
the description that explains where to specify database connection
parameters like this (in a JBoss-specific manner).

Thank you,

Erik

snipped from my ejb-jar.xml:

[...]
     <enterprise-beans>
         <entity>

             [...]

             <resource-ref>
                 <res-ref-name>jdbc/ejbPool</res-ref-name>
                 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
             </resource-ref>
         </entity>
     </enterprise-beans>
[...]

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.