From: Brian Wallis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 5:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Running a web-app under jboss where docroot &
web-inf outside the deploy directory.

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:50 pm, Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a web-application in expanded form (which is under frequent
> development). I do not wish to take the trouble of creating a WAR file
> everytime and neither do I wish to transfer the application files into a
> app.war/ folder under the jboss server's deploy/ directory.
>
> Is there a way of asking jboss to pick up the expanded web-application from
> another path on the disk ? (This is the place where the developer is
> editing the files)
>
> My application uses EBJ's too, but since the ejb layer is quite stable
> right now, I don't want to create an EAR file every time.
>
> I am quite new to JBoss, so please excuse if this seems straightforward to
> you.

You can add extra deploy directories in jboss-service.xml so you deploy from
wherever you want. So, as long as you build into a directory called
something.war that is in it's own directory (yourdeploydir) and the structure
is the same as you would package into the war. Hot deploy should work fine,
just 'touch' the directory to re-deploy (as long as it doesn't try to
re-deploy half way through rebuilding).

Just add yourdeploydir to the "URLs" attribute in the deployment scanner
MBean.You'll find it in server/default/conf/jboss-server.xml

(I hope this is clear, it is simple to do)

brian...

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

                Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com