Tuesday, July 29, 2003, 12:19:27 PM, Ionel Gardais wrote:

IG> Hi Alex,

IG> Is there a way to override this limitation ?
IG> For example, can I specify the database inside the EJB/JBOSS-QL query ?
IG> (as in SQL, database.table.field)

Unfortunately, no.

IG> This problem (which appears not to be one) is a part of my need to reuse
IG> beans across different applications.

IG> The problem is still full : I know how to reuse beans from different
IG> datasources (by specifying a datasource for each beans) but it seems
IG> weired that the queries do not jump from datasource to datasource when
IG> needed.

IG> BTW, as the relationship works between different datasources but queries
IG> do not traverse these relationship, can I do a query that only retireves
IG> the beans that are the "closer" to the other datasource and then use the
IG> value objects to tweak the needed values ?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Is it like fetching all beans from one datasource needed to create a
query to fetch the beans from the other datasource? If so, yes, it
will work.
It's not generally a good advice, as there could be complex schemas.
If it works for you, then great.
Ideally, it should be handled by the CMP engine. We should address it.

alex