Juha, Marc, etc,

I guess the question I and it seems others are
interested in is WHY did you cut loose these guys, and
so suddenly? There seems to be no logical explanation,
and why at a time when JBoss is really start to shift
momentum and finally become certified and so forth,
why cut a number of developers that are part of why
Jboss is where it is?

As an analogy, and maybe not a good one, I was a
STRONG supporter of Orion. To this day Orion is easier
to configure and runs faster than JBoss/Jetty/Tomcat
in terms of performance. The mailing list was active
and the fixes were quick, and all form a single
developer! That is what impressed me most, that only
one developer (and help from another) was keeping
Orion up to date and ahead of all the big boys. What
made me switch to JBoss was not its momentum, how many
downloads it had, it's cost, but the fact that the
Orion team seemed to suddenly disappear, cut loose on
all of us who supported it, when Oracle snatched up
their app server for Oracle 9i. Now, Orion is still
available and making updates, but FAR more slowly. I
was going to do installations and such out in the SF
Bay Area for them, until they cut loose and left many
of us hanging, with no apparent reason. This is how I
am perceiving what is going on now. Hopefully I am
wrong. But from the emails, it seems that the CDN and
Jetty guys (gals if they are there), are perplexed and
pissed off that they suddenly are no longer part of
the JBoss development team because they are looking to
help on another open source project. Hell, I could
understand if JBoss was like BEA and the worry was
code being taken from one and given to the other. But
if they offer Jetty to both app servers, they aren't
stealing anything of Jboss. Jetty is stand-alone and
part of Jboss through integration, and ya'll said that
it will remain that way. Why the sudden switch back to
Tomcat, and the cut of Jetty/CDN developers? What is
the reason(s)? Please elaborate. I too am now
concerned in regards to using JBoss, and as this news
flys out, I am sure many others are. I have already
talked to a few other friends who also read this info
and a few are looking at the Apache offering and Jonas
now. While I believe JBoss will still succeed, you
can't just cut things loose like this and expect
everyone to be ok. There needs to be some logical
reasons behind it, some sort of warning before actions
taken, and maybe even some sort of acceptance from
your community. I bought in because of Jetty's
integration and Orion's cut-loose attitude. I am
worried now that this is happening with JBoss. I hope
that I and the others are not just a "number" to the
JBoss group because millions of downloads have taken
place.

If I am wrong on any and/or all accounts, please
correct me and I apologize ahead of time.

Thank you.