Hi,

I have an ear file that contains an EJB module and a Web Module.
The web application calls methods on EJBS in the EJB module, and all
works fine, however, I want to be able to deploy the ear file on two
servers running jboss (Server1, and Server2).
Server1 will be used as the web server, and Server2 will manage the
EJBs.
I believe I should be able to deploy the same ear file to both servers,
and then modify the jboss-web.xml file in the application on Server1 to
specify the full JNDI name of the EJB on Server2, however, when I try
this, the application still accesses the local copy on Server1, rather
than the remote one on Server2.

Here's the jboss-web.xml from the copy of the application on Server1.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web>
    <security-domain>java:/jaas/StuartsRealm</security-domain>
    <ejb-ref>
        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/SecTestHome</ejb-ref-name>
        <jndi-name>jnp://192.168.211.128/ejb/SecTestHome</jndi-name>
    </ejb-ref>
</jboss-web>

Is there something I'm missing?

Stuart Herring
R&D Development Engineer
HPA
Phone : 02 6239 2311
Direct: 02 6283 0319
Modile: 04022 376 76
www.hpa.com.au

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, [EMAIL PROTECTED], then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au