Thanks again to Sacha - as I mentioned offline, I was looking at the example
bundled with the subscription docs.  I found what I was looking for in the
3.2.2RC2 distribution, but it doesn't seem to configure the AJP13 listener
correctly.  When I startup with the ServiceBindingManager disabled, I get
the following log output, and everything works the you'd expect it to.

[org.apache.jk.server.JkMain] No properties file found
/opt/jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/depl
oy/conf/jk2.properties
[org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket] JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
[org.apache.jk.server.JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=3/79  config=null
[org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaService41] OK

But when I try to override the config with the binding-service.xml entry, I
get the following output, and AJP13 requests aren't processed:

[org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on
port 8009
[org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port
8009
[org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaService41] OK

Anyone have a clue as to what's happening here?

Bill