Tim,

Good to hear the problem has been resolved. I'll have to note the issue
with stored procedures.

With regards to your commit problems, Postgresql does not like receiving a
"commit" when no transactions are queued. From memory, I think the JBoss
transaction manager generates a "commit" when the connection is returned
to the pool. However, if you have used the connection to only perform a
query or other task that does not write to the database, you still get the
commit but nothing to commit, so to speak.

JonB