We don't have this interoperability with CORBA and security at this time. It is one of the things we are planning to implement once Sun grants us the license to certification (we're waiting patiently).

You would have to build a bridge until then. Or you could fund Francisco Reverbel to implement it through a JBG support contract.

I'll let Francisco chime in with more details.

Bill

Alexander Titov wrote:

Hello.

In the section 8 (page 412-413) of the JBoss Administration and
Development Third Edition (3.2.x Series) book it is written, that
"Every secured EJB method invocation,... requires the authentication
and authorization of the caller because security information is
handled as a stateless attribute of the request that must be presented
and validated on each request". Each client-server "invocation
includes the method arguments passed by the client along with the user
identity and credentials from the client-side JAAS login performed..."
earlier.

Does it mean that JBoss RMI implementation is proprietary? Where it is
possible to read about this implementation details?

My problem is the following - I have CORBA client, which should make
EJB calls to JBoss container. Definitely I have to secure these
invocations. How should I pack the security information? Is there any
samples of such interoperability?

-- ================ Bill Burke Chief Architect JBoss Group LLC. ================