Hi all,

We have a small web + ejb application for a POC (Proof of Concept) that is competing
against a corresponding .NET application. We are using Struts, 1 Stateful Session
Bean, 1 Stateless Session Bean and only 10 JSP pages. The application connects to a
separate MS-SQL database server.

This application is being deployed in WebSphere, JBoss across Windows and Linux as the
target servers.

So far, JBoss is giving the worst results on a 1000 user stress test, which I am
certain is ENTIRELY due to my inexperience with this application server, and nothing
whatsover to do with jboss.

All performance tips on tuning jboss config parameters will be much appreciated. I
have done the following:
-increased ms and mx heap size
-increased connection pool size
-increase maxProcessor,minProcessor setting (for Tomcat)
-decreased session timeouts.
-made log level to ERROR in log4.xml

I am still now sure on how to disable class reloading totally.

All tips/suggestions will be deeply appreciated. If JBoss performs good, then our
client would definitely prefer .Net to Java, just for the cost factor.

Regards,
Tarun

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

                Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com