I've only played around with clusters, so I could be wrong, but I think you need to access HA-JNDI directly on the port it's bound to. If the object cannot be found in HA-JNDI it will look in the local JNDI.

From the clustering docs:

"When a remote client does a lookup through HA-JNDI, HA-JNDI will delegate to the local JNDI Context when it cannot find the object within the global cluster-wide Context. So, a EJB home lookup through HA-JNDI, will always be delegated to the local JNDI instance."

You should be able to tell whether HA-JNDI is correctly deployed from either the server.log or by looking in the JNDI console.

When you say that you're using the same JNDI for all instances do you mean that you're setting the JNDI and/or HA-JNDI ports to be the same for seperate instances of JBoss? I'm not aware that you can do this - each JNDI and HA-JNDI should run on a seperate port. When you perform a remote lookup you can list multiple server instances like this:

java.naming.provier.url=localhost:1100,localhost:1200,localhost:1300

Hope that helps.

-Andrew

Stefan Groschupf wrote:

Hi Bax,

nice to hear you! ;) I use such an pattern and it is generated by Xdoclet. I use the BeanUtil classes.
They make an normal remote lookup. As i understand the documentation i does not need an other lookup. Since the request will be forwarded to the HA JNDI. Isn't it?

Stefan

Holger Baxmann wrote:

your setup reminds me on the Service Activator Pattern http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/ServiceActivator.html in conjunction with Session Facade and Service Locator for decoupling the lookup and the do-something stuff.

It could be more easy to solve the clustering jndi problem if you have a facade between for 'hiding' the cluster to the 'client' --- but i could be totaly wrong here ...

regards

bax