Hi,

Is it possible to manipulate a datasource programmatically, to change the characteristics of a datasource on the fly?

Here's what we'd like to do:

There are occasions, where we need to swap out our normal database to a replicated database, and we'd like to do this as smoothly, and in as controlled a fashion as possible. (The main reason for this is to upgrade the database software with patches, and the like). Our
production system needs to run uninterrupted.

I was hoping that I would be able to change the jdbc url and connections
settings via JMX, and tell jboss to flush the connection cache.  Is this
possible currently?

Also, is it possible to get transactions to block? Once again, this would be to allow our DBA to do some quick fix, while the database is "on hold" and then release it. The catch is that we don't want to lose
any transactions in the meantime. We'd like them to block up, wait for a connection before continuing. I had thought that maybe I could reduce the connection pool size programmatically to zero, then reset it back to normal once the db operation was done. Provided that I can do this, and
we can turn the pools back on before the transactions time out, is this feasible?
Russell Chan,