Hello list,

We have an application that creates, namely, 'Parcel's. For this, it
needs access to :

- KP
- DSP
- Process
- ParcelPlace
- BarcodeType
- ParcelState
- Country

I tried to rollout this application to JBoss 3.2.2RC3 and got deadlock
while creating a lot of parcels at the same time (basically, an external
client sends a TextMessage containing XML, XML is parsed in an MDB and a
parcel creation session bean is invoked with the data). This deadlock
occurs after 10 min

I used Jboss MBean to monitor the locks (see below).

All the entities I access are READ ONLY (meaning I only need to test
their presence, I don't have to change their state). Why do I have a so
big lock time on DSP?

The default locking policy puts a lock, even on read only data if i am
correct.

Could you please point me to the right direction so that I can test
what's wrong?

Regards,

Stephane

JBoss