From:   Rich Reese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Tue 9/23/2003 15:30
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [JBoss-user] Jboss Problems
Hey All,

I have two WARs (A and B) deployed on the same JBOSS server and each of
them utilize log4j for logging. Each of these wars contains J.jar in the
WEB-INF/lib directory. Classes in J.jar utilize log4j. I assumed that
when These classes logged they would go into the separate log files for
war A and B.

The problems apears that war A and B are initializing the same log4j
singletons and they are sharing configuraiton. When class j.class1
inside the J.jar jogs to its logger named "j.class1", the messages are
always going into log file for the last war initialized regardless of
which war the message originated in.

I was assuming that the two wars would have separate log4j instances
and would not overwrite each other's configuration.  Is my assumption
wrong?

Thanks,
Rich