From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 1:28 PM
To: jboss mailing list
Subject: [JBoss-user] question about ejb restrictions

Hi all,

I have two problems. I would like to create a Message Driven Bean which
does some image processing for me.
I would like to use JMagick for this purpose. Unfortunatly EJB restricts
the usage of native libraries. And ofcourse JMagick is a native library.
Can you guys give me some pointers on how to come up with a sollution for
this problem?

Second of all, I have to handle with files on the filesystem in my
application.
This is also a restricting in the EJB-spec. Unfortunatly I have to store
files to get my application to work.
Should it be good practice to store files in a database as blobs?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands