Hi all,
I'm using Jboss 3.2.2RC3 for development, and came across a scenario I would like to
make sure I understand correctly.

I have an entity bean setup with soft-locking:

 * @ejb:bean
 *    type="CMP"
 *    cmp-version="2.x"
 *    name="MyStuff"
 *    view-type="local"
 *    transaction-type="Container"
 *    use-soft-locking = "true"
 * @ejb.value-object
 *   name="MyStuff"
 *   match="*"

I noticed when soft-locking was enabled, a version field was added to the table.
That's fine and good.

When I try to utilize a value-object to send data to Struts or another client, it is
incrementing this version number EVERY TIME, even though it is just for reading and
not submitting data back.

I would have though soft-locking would change the version number whenever the actual
data changed, and not every time it was read.

Is this correct behavior?
TIA!
-D