At 9:24 PM +0100 10/7/03, Adrian Brock wrote:
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 19:37, Comtois, Pierre wrote:
Finally resolved the exception issue:

1. I created the tables manually and for my appl. Made them of type InnoDB

From MySQL version 4.0, InnoDB is enabled by default. So sql used to create a db table will default to being an InnoDB table. To explicitly create a table as InnoDB do this:
CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER (A INT, B CHAR (20), INDEX (A)) TYPE = InnoDB;

To see the type of a table use this:
  SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM test LIKE 'CUSTOMER'

More info can be found here:
<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Using_InnoDB_tables.html>
<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/InnoDB_in_MySQL_3.23.html>
<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/InnoDB_start.html>

What is the sql for InnoDB, I would like to include a version in
docs/examples/jca

 2. I gave SELECT permission to my user to the mysql database so it could
 access its permission table. I'm a novice at MySql as well so I might have
 messed that up myself :-)

Doesn't a user get this right for tables they create?

 3. I had put my computer name in the mysql-ds connection-url attribute ... I
 put it back to localhost

 ps: I would have thought that it would be better to specify a computer name
 as opposed to localhost ... ?

Next item up for bid ... I want to access the newly configured DB using the JBoss console ( http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/index.jsp ). Seems that now I have no link in jmx-console to access the Hypwersonic service ... The link to it is gone ...

It will be in the jboss.jca section. If you didn't deploy hsqldb-ds.xml, of course you won't see it on the console.

Regards,
Adrian

 Is this normal ? Am I missing something ? My thought is that I have to
 configures the jmx ...

 Looking at displayMBeans.jsp, that the mbean is missing in the MBeanData
 array ...
 <%
       MBeanData[] data = domainData.getData();
       for(int d = 0; d < data.length; d ++)
       {
          String name = data[d].getObjectName().toString();
          String properties = data[d].getNameProperties();
 %>
       <li><a href="HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=<%=
 URLEncoder.encode(name) %>"><%= URLDecoder.decode(properties) %></a></li>
 <%

Ideas ?

 >Pierre Comtois
 >Business Acceleration Services, Solutions Consulting
 >45 O'Connor Street, Suite 500    *    Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
 >Ph: 613-787-4649  *  FAX: 613-567-6053  *  E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Brock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: October 7, 2003 11:01 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: FW: [JBoss-user] Problem integrating MySql with JBOSS

Some guy had the same problem last week and resolved it,
> but he seems to have vanished from this list when somebody
else has a problem. :-(

 On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:34, Comtois, Pierre wrote:
 > Making progress ... but ever s-o-o-o-o slowly !
 >
 > It would seem that the persistence tables specified by the
 > mysql-jdbc2-service.xml file are not getting creating resulting in
 > connection errors on startup. I found nothing in the archives that
 > helped ...
 >
 >       CREATE_MESSAGE_TABLE = CREATE TABLE JMS_MESSAGES (MESSAGEID
 > INTEGER NOT NULL, DESTINATION VARCHAR(150) NOT NULL, TXID INTEGER,
 > TXOP CHAR(1), MESSAGEBLOB BLOB, PRIMARY KEY (MESSAGEID, DESTINATION))
 >       CREATE_TX_TABLE = CREATE TABLE JMS_TRANSACTIONS (TXID INTEGER)
 >       CREATE_TABLES_ON_STARTUP = TRUE
 >
 > What could be preventing these from getting created ... I've now
 > changed user temporarily to root to remove authorization issues from
 > the equation. If I have to, I'll create them by hand, but this likely
 > indicates another problem.

 Please wait... I'm trying to hack your machine so I can see the error
 message. :-)

> P.S. Is there an up-to-date document anywhere that details how to
> > integrate MySQL 4.x with JBOSS 3.2.2RC4? I've found stuff with Google
 > but haven't found anything up-to-date and accurate. I'm setting up a
 > pc with around 12 different development modules/tools and this piece
 > is taking much more time than it should/can afford to get going on the
 > actual development phase. Maybe what I want to do is a rarity, but I
 > don't think it is. A short white paper would cost cycles initially,
 > but would likely pay off over the long haul.

 Remove mysql-jdbc2.xml and use the file version.
 Come back to it when you are sure mysql works.

 I'm currently preparing an enhanced jbossmq section for the admin docs with
 the 3.2.2 release.

 Regards,
 Adrian

> >Pierre Comtois
> >Business Acceleration Services, Solutions Consulting
> >45 O'Connor Street, Suite 500 * Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
> >Ph: 613-787-4649 * FAX: 613-567-6053 * E-Mail: > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"password">PASSWORD</module-option>

"managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=MySqlD

 code="org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.RARDeployment"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock
Director of Support
Back Office
JBoss Group, LLC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Michael Klem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    626-296-3027