You need to use model mbeans to have the attributes persisted. Most of the
time we use XMBeans in Jboss which are a model mbean implementation.

The JMX specification talks about it in the model mbean chapter. Otherwise
you can have a look in the testsuite at
testsuite/src/resources/jmx/xmbean/user2/values2-xmbean.xml which declares a
persistent mbean using serialization.

julien