On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 05:08 AM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

Are there CMP fields mapped to the foreign key column? If not that is expected behaviour.

There are not CMP fields mapped to the foreign key column only CMR. are you saying that I could add CMP fields in addition to the CMR fields for these columns and then use the CMP field to check for the "inappropriate" values?

Jason Essington wrote:
I have some tables in a database that are used by some of my CMP/CMR entity beans. The foreign key columns in some of these tables don't have foreign key integrity checks enforced in the database, and rather than having null in the column when there is no foreign key they contain a 0 (zero). This database can be accessed (and changed) outside the scope of the J2EE application.
In 3.2.1 when the cmp engine ran across this situation it would just return a null object for the relationship, but in 3.2.2 the engine returns a non null object and the first time this object is accessed a NoSuchObjectLocalException is thrown and then rethrown as a TransactionRolledbackLocalException.
I suppose the new behavior is probably more "correct", but I would like to be able to handle this situation without rolling back my transaction. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to catch and handle the NoSuchObjectLocalException prior to it being rethrown as a TransactionRolledbackLocalException.
Any ideas on how to work around this new behavior?

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: The SF.net Donation Program. Do you like what SourceForge.net is doing for the Open Source Community? Make a contribution, and help us add new features and functionality. Click here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ _______________________________________________ JBoss-user mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-user