By default, JBoss has serialized access to BMP or CMP beans at runtime via pessimistic locking. There are different locking configurations that you can use that are specified in our for-pay documentation.

As for JDBC isolation levels, you can only set this on a per datasource level in the *-ds.xml config file <transaction-isolation>. So you would define two different datasources that talk to the same DB, but define different isolation levels for both.

Bill

Pedro Salazar wrote:

Greetings,

I would like to ask if even with the CMP beans is possible to customize
the transaction isolation level?

If yes, how can I do it?

I have an idea that CMP beans are the most light and fastest beans. But
I think in the most of the times, we should have business logic in beans
that requires synchronization. It stills worth going to CMP and lock the
all bean operations or just go to BMP beans to use the programatic and
customize the block of the transaction?

regards,
Pedro Salazar

-- ================ Bill Burke Chief Architect JBoss Group LLC. ================