I think your are better of using a Statefull Session bean for this
purpose.

Regards,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

Pedro Salazar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/07/2003 12:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[JBoss-user] does it worths creating entity beans for ...

Greetings,

I would like to ask you if it worths create an entity bean for record
the id of a connection and delete it when user leaves?

The entity bean would have only the id of the connection, the user id
and the timestamp of the connection start.

Does it worths create an entity bean for that or is better create a
stateless bean that would call a stored procedure for create and delete
records. I think there is no need of cache since just that user would
delete the record that it created. But, I also don't know if I create an
entity bean, it goes automatically to the database or it remains a few
time in memory before it goes stored in database.

I ask this because maybe in future I would like to monitor the user
connections in "real time" (? maybe, maybe not) or how many connections
are active. In this case, I don't know if an entity bean would make
sense here for caching information or it stills doesn't make sense
because for these new requirements a stateless bean making JDBC
connections invoking stored procedures...

what is your opinion?

Pedro Salazar.
--
-PS