I have defined some default values in my database. They should be used when a table record is inserted and the corresponding field is missing in the ejb call.

This was my understanding of doing this with ejbCreate():
If I want the default value to be used, the record is inserted via an ejbCreate() method where the field is missing. However, doing this, the db field is still empty after the insert and no default value was created for that field.

I tried to discover the insert statement but the DEBUG mode of org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp does only show SELECT queries. But I am pretty sure that JBoss inserts NULL for this field (what prevents the da to set the default value).

Any hints? Is this a JBoss configuration issue?

Thanks,

-marek