Rob Helmer wrote:

I'm trying to load a properties file from a JAR that's in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib I assumed that this directory was implicitly in the classpath for anything deployed in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy, however that does not seem to be the case.

I wrote a little testcase loader.war that goes into deploy/,
and loader.jar that goes into lib/. The only way I can get loader to load the test.prop inside loader.jar is to edit
the run.sh and put $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib/loader.jar
on the classpath explicitly.

However, I'd like to avoid editing the run.sh .. how am I
supposed to be doing this ? :)

Why do you want to put the loader.jar into server/default/lib? Why not just put it in server/default/deploy?

At any rate, your loader.war should be able to see your loader.jar without editing the run.sh file. But remember jar files added to the server/default/lib directory are not visible until you restart JBoss. Jar files added to the server/default/deploy directory are visible immediately (well as soon as the deployment scanner sees it, which is configured in server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml).

--
Weiqi Gao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]