Hi all,

I run a web application packaged as an ear on JBoss-3.2.2.

I want to create stores on my website. This is standard webapp stuff. Let me give an example.

Imagine I run Ebay. A new person signs up, as a seller from a company named BrianCorp.

Ebay allows them to run a store on:

http://briancorp.ebay.com

Now, I want to do this for my site too. Here’s my knowledge so far.

I think this is about virtual hosts. For each store I want to open, I have to add a new virtual host. Here’s what I was thinking of doing:

Add a virtual host for each new store.

To do this I must edit my jboss-web.xml file in the EAR and the \server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat41.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml file for tomcat.

To jboss-web.xml I must add:

<context-root>/somedynamicpath</context-root>
<virtual-host>briancorp.mysite.com</virtual-host>

To jboss-service.xml

<Host name="briancorp.mysite.com">
prefix="xyz" directory="${jboss.server.home.dir}/log"/>
</Host>
</Engine>

I’ve taken this from a forum post:

http://www.jboss.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=37290&message=3795107&q=how+to+create+virtual+host#3795107

Now, if anyone knows if this is correct I’d be very grateful. Also, obviously I don’t want to have to restart my entire site when I do this,

so could someone also tell me if this is possible to do on the fly.

Thank you very much indeed,

Brian