Hi Holger,

we are thinking about different scenarios to advance our legacy "old" ERP-System with "new" modules written in java/j2ee running on jboss.
I implemented an JCA interface to call "old" procedures from "new" java technology.
But the other way is not quite clear so far. I thought about using JMS for this approach.
Someone else (Ulf Schroeter) already recommended using web services. Seems it will be easier to find a "ready" solution (library) to do web service calls from our "old" app.
So I think I will give this a try.

Thanks,
   Frank

Holger Baxmann @ mac wrote:

Hi Frank,

i currently have a client who is trying to implement this via SLSB and native library calls. Not the recommended way, but it works to some degree ;-)

The problem here is that the C MQ is communicating (in the Prod systems) via SHMem and so there is no JMS lib for the interface.

We are thinking about implementing a JCA, if it is worth the efforts and/or use simple POJOs as a Service Locator/Builder and expose them via JBoss.net. In this case it is a MQSeries (beware of the bit-transparency) Command and Oracle Feedback scenerio.

Going the two folded way: feed command one way via a POJO Singleton Command Wallpaper Pattern :) and beeing notified via DB triggered MDBs.

IMHO it depends mostly on the legacy arch there performance/scalability parameters and the 'standard' api which they expose, but is always handmade and homebrewn.

Any further details avail or are they secret? :)

bax