Thanks Adrian. I will try this.

rgds
MS

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Brock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 3:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Weblogic to JBoss Migration - Differences in
XA and Non-XA DataSource handling (Stack Trace)

It was my understanding from an earlier post, that what you
describe as a "Non-XA" connection should really be a "no-transaction"
connection or as somebody else suggested you should use RequiresNew
to start a different transaction for this work.

i.e. You don't want the work done on the Non-XA connection to be in the
same transaction as the XAConnection. Is that correct?

If so, you can deploy a data source such that the connections do not
get enlisted in the JTA transaction using
<no-tx-datasource> rather than <local-tx-datasource>

Regards,
Adrian

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock