A couple of questions about the log4j ASYNC appender:

Considering that we're not allowed to spawn off threads in ejb's, is the ASYNC appender J2EE compliant? If it's not, does it matter, considering it's "supplied resource" from the appserver?

If the VM crashes, we'd presumably loose whatever had not been written  to
the log right? Does anyone have experience with how much this might  be?
Is there any way to quantify it, such as 10sec of the log or something? Or
is it pretty resilient to losing that last little bit of data.

thanks.
.peter

---------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), even if addressed incorrectly, and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy or delete all copies of the original message and all attachments, including deletion from the trash or equivalent folder. Thank you.