From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 7:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Logging through JBoss from an external source

I would like to consolidate the logs from several processes, so that I
have only a single log file.  (Let's ignore archiving, etc. for now.)
Being relatively new to JBoss, EJBs, etc., I'm looking for advice as to
the best way to do this.  Right now, I'm considering having a logging
session bean that the external processes will call when they want to
log.  This session bean will then use log4j.

Are there better ways?  I noticed that there is a Log4jService MBean.
know almost nothing about MBeans.  Is there a way I can access that to
do logging, or is that exclusively for "management" operations of some
sort?

Thanks in advance,
Keith