From: Nicholas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 10:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] ***JBoss 3.2.2/Oracle 9i thin driver test
running out of database cursors on HPUX11***

This is nearly always because the Statements,
PreparedStatements, CallableStatements and ResultSets
are not being closed properly.

Make sure that:
A. Finally blocks call the close() methods on each of
those resources. Also make sure that the close() calls
in the finally block are themselves in a try/catch so
a failure in one does not blow you out of the finally
before it is comlete.
B. Make sure you do not reuse Statements or ResultSets
without closing them first.

//Nicholas

--- "Sasidharan, Manoj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> When we run our stress test, the number of Oracle
> database cursors keep
> increasing. Finally the system crashes with "Max
> Cursors Exceeded error"
> from Oracle.
>
> Any tips on how to tackle this?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards
> MS

> Tutorials.
> Become an expert in LINUX or just sharpen your
> skills.  Sign up for IBM's
> Free Linux Tutorials.  Learn everything from the
> bash shell to sys admin.
> Click now!

=====
Nicholas Whitehead