You need to configure the role to allow it to "create" durable
subscriptions.

e.g. the example below that comes with jboss allows
durpublisher to create subscriptions but not guest or publisher.
guest and publisher can create nondurable subscriptions.

Also make sure you use Connection.setClientID() before creating
durable subscriptions, otherwise the subscription will be made
against an temporary client id like ID:1

Regards,
Adrian

  <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic"
         name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=testDurableTopic">
    <depends
optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
    <depends
optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
    <attribute name="SecurityConf">
       <security>
         <role name="guest" read="true" write="true"/>
         <role name="publisher" read="true" write="true"
create="false"/>
         <role name="durpublisher" read="true" write="true"
create="true"/>
      </security>
    </attribute>
  </mbean>

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 06:05, Dilshan Rajapaksa wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I  need to do create a durable subscription to topic. I have created a
> topic in the using a MDB in the "jbossmq-destinations-service.xml". I
> would like to know the changes i have to make in order to make the
> topic durable. i get the following error at the moment.
> " javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: Connection not authorized to do
> durable subscription on topic: HeadOffice"
>
> Dilshan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock
Director of Support