Please keep it on public mailing lists.

This link explains setting up a resource adapter for
a remote jms (apologies the xml formatting - julien?)
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=43817

Most likely your problem is the remote connection factory is
being bound with the wrong ip/hostaddress internally.

1) check your /etc/hosts file for 127.0.0.1 localhost myname.com
and remove myname.com
2) there was a bug in 3.2.2 where it would try to bind some
of the use 0.0.0.0 which doesn't work on all machines
you can fix it by typing the following at startup
./run.sh --host=myname.com

If you are not sure what is happening enable trace logging on the
client machine for org.jboss.mq.il
It will tell you machine it is trying to connect to.

Regards,
Adrian

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 19:36, Shankar Srinivasan wrote:
> Hi,
>      IÂm having problems with sending messages to a
> remote JMS Queue. I would really appreciate if you
> could tell me where IÂm going wrong.
> We have 2 instances of Jboss running.
>
> To connect from one instance to a queue in the other
> instance, IÂve modified the JNDI URL while creating
> the queue.
>
> Properties p = new Properties();
> p.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,_jndiURL);
> log.info("JNDI URL=" + _jndiURL);
> p.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,_userName);
> p.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS,_password);
> InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(p);
>
> QueueConnectionFactory qcf = (QueueConnectionFactory)
> ic.lookup(_jndiConnectionFactory);
> QueueConnection conn = qcf.createQueueConnection();
>
> _queue = (Queue) ic.lookup(_jndiQueue);
>
> _queueSession = conn.createQueueSession(_transacted,
> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>

> But when I create a queueSender to send it, the
> message is set to the local queue instead of the
> remote queue.
>
> Do I need to change any other jms configuration?
>
> Thanks
> Shankar

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock