        Thanks all for your replies and expecting MORE:-)
Cheers
Muraly

At 12:54 27/01/2004 -0800, you wrote:
Just curious, what is your objective in terms of a periodic GC call?
-----Original Message-----
From: Muraly R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 8:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Garbage Collector: Service?

Hi Heiko,
        Thanks for reply.
        Please bear my ignorance. Could you give a more detailed explanation?
        Did you mean writing a seperate class and deploy it as a '-service.xml' file. If then, how can I schedule this class to be run, say every 5 mins?

Thanks
Muraly

At 09:13 23/01/2004 +0100, you wrote:
Hi,

>       Is there any particular service available in JBoss to
> schedule the garbage collector?

use jboss.system:type=System and there the
runGarbageCollector call.

 Heiko