View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3820036#3820036

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3820036

Hi,

if I use primary keys to access Entity Beans, I can avoid all database accesses (using
commit option A) since the cache is addressed by the primary key.  But how could I
tell JBoss to handle secondary keys (unique keys which could be also used as primary
keys) in the same way? If we could avoid database access here this would be a great
performance boost for us.

Currently I have two ideas:

1. Define a second Entity Bean with the secondary key as PK and which accesses the
same table. Does this help to avoid database accesses? Or do I need to change the
commit option?

2. Use CMR: Is it possible to define a relationship of a bean to itself?  How could I
do that?

    And what role plays the foreign-key attribute of CMR here?

Thanks for any ideas,

Joerg