View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3820294#3820294

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3820294

The only times I get ProtocolViolations erros in Oracle is when I use the wrong driver
version. It seems Oracle is very sensible to that at least for versions 8.16, 8.1.7
and 9i.

Try to use only the driver that's in jdbc directory of the Oracle server you're using,
and check if you haven't another version forgotten in your classpath.

Sorry if this was already tried by you, it's kind of basic, but seems to be a
recurrent problem for me :(