There is another option.

The JMX Spec allows you to override the MBeanServerBuilder Implementation.
Just add  -Djavax.management.builder.initial
= org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerBuilderImpl to your run.conf and you are
done. Almost.

Because you first might encounter a few JMX JDK Bugs, which will prevent
booting JBoss. I have reported them against build-32 and got a confirmation
that those are fixed, but haven't been able to check whether they made it in
the current build or not.

The second problem is the "broken" LoaderRepository implementation within
Jboss (4.x), so you need to patch Jboss in order to get it up and running.

If you interested I can post a few more details.

Jens