Hi!
To log only my classes activity on the console at DEBUG level I put in the
conf/log4j.xml:

  <appender name="MYLOG" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
    <param name="Target" value="System.out"/>
    <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}]
%m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

and

  <category name="it.mycompany" additivity="false">
    <appender-ref ref="MYLOG"/>
  </category>

Finally in the classes that I need to log:
final static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(myclass.class);

So i can log "it.mycompany" package and its sub-package...

I hope this can help you...

Gio