Hello again,

I don't know why, but I'm still (again?) facing problems concerning cluster node auto
detection.
I have now the following properties for the InitialContext:

Properties prop = System.getProperties();
prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
prop.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "");

I think these are right because sometimes I get a connection and am able to lookup my
stateless session bean.

But most of the times it doesn't work. I think it works more often when I started the
cluster nodes freshly, but I don't know if that is just my imagination.

It would be really great if somebody could help me with this problem. Perhaps someone
out of the JGroups team.

By the way, here is the stacktrace of the exception when my client doesn't get a
connection.

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out.  Root exception is
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Native Method)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:671)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1093)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1223)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:514)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:507)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at de.kaobe.client.TestClient.(TestClient.java:54)
        at de.kaobe.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:85)

Have a nice day,

Peter

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3822025#3822025