and in jbossmq-destinations-service.xml on your MDB's local machine:

  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |      name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=WhateverRemoteQueue">
  |     <depends
optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>

In your MDB you specify the UIL2XAConnectionFactory in the context lookup:

  |          //declarations left out
  |       jndiContext = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
  |       queueConnectionFactory = (XAQueueConnectionFactory)
  |               jndiContext.lookup("UIL2XAConnectionFactory");
  |
  |       queue = (javax.jms.Queue)
jndiContext.lookup("queue/WhateverRemoteQueue");//quoted text used instead of variable
for clarity

and enjoy watching your MDB pick messages off of the remote queue.

I am a JBoss amateur so am not sure this is the ideal way to do this, but it works for
me and wasn't obvious, so I figured it would be helpful to post.

regards,
neil

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3822494#3822494