thanks to all who responded.

during the weekend, i decided to play with the interceptors and after a
bit of googling i found the right starting point in the sources.

i am now doing the following: i wrote my own MyInterceptor which extends
AbstractInterceptor and in the jboss.xml of the application i have
configured a new container-configuration where this Interceptor is added
to the session beans.

everything seems to work :-) i can do my exception wrapping, can even call
other beans ... (btw, at the moment, i call the other bean like any client
would do it. i guess there is a more elegant way?)

i really like the interceptor design of jboss.

thanks to all again.

p.s. when the new AOP release is out, i might perhaps have a new look at
doing it instead with AOP, but if the above is working ...